.........Training for a 620 mile bike ride in October 2009.......
...a.k.a... the Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge...

.....Raising $62,000 for the Challenged Athletes Foundation....
.....Becuase CAF is a GREAT Organization.....

..................Why?........Because I like a good challenge...............
....And cause I like to think everything is possible....

Sunday, May 3, 2009

weekend activities

Yesterday I woke up right before 7am & decided an earl run to the grocery store before breakfast was in order. Our local chain is publix & while they are not 24 hours, they do open @ 7am. After putting the groceries up I ate breakfast & then headed over to put in some time on the bike.

I had a very good session, ~an hour 45 min. My average speed is creeping up & what were once the ''hard' gears are becoming my costing gears. Post workout, chatted with one on my nearest & dear friends. Always good to catch up with people.

The rest of the day was spent baking, cleaning, & eating. Friday night I started a batch on 'no knead' bread. By yesterday afternoon it was ready to bake. Best stuff ever... I promptly ate half the loaf for dinner... It has the BEST crust & great flavor. I'm drooling right now thinking about it. The rest of the loaf has been sliced & frozen, ready to come to work with me this week.

I also baked up a sheet carrot cake. I tried to keep the sugar & fat under control & it turned out okay. Not as awesome as a massive slab of rich carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting, but good enough to satisfy a sweet craving w/out inducing food coma. It too is sliced up & frozen, ready for this week.

What else..... lot's of cleaning, washing, drying, folding... etc.. Oh yeah! My girl LN called me last night & we took time to catch up. She's awesome & I miss her. She moved from miami to chicago for a post-doc. But, she'll be in town in a few weeks, & will be able to see each other.

Today I pulled the sheets off my bed & washed them & hopefully will be motivated to put them back on the bed. That is a 20 min workout. I've also just finished a decent session on the bike. I was getting a bit light headed, so I stopped early, @ ~ 75 min, but it was better than yesterday, if not as long. Bit by bit my body is getting there. I'm kinda sore... Tomorrow will be a lift day & I'll stay off the bike.

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today @ Spanky's, a cheese steak place in Ft. Lauderdale. The owner HAS to have a pittsburgh connection.... I'll post a link to the menu later & you'll understand why. After lunch, its back to the apt to relax, send a few emails, catch up with a few more tasks, etc...

I hope ya'll are having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu reading your blogs

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

you have some flour in your hair Betty.... lol Glad your doing great!